6 new cases in Lagos, 2 new cases in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and 2 new cases of Coronavirus in Edo state.
According to Nigeria Centre for Disease Control NCDC reports as at 11:15am on Sunday, 5th day of April there are 224 confirmed cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria and 27 confirmed fully healthy have been discharged and 5 deaths.
These are the Must Do measures to protect yourself and your family;
Wash hands regularly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based sanitiser if no water and soap is available
Social distancing helps to reducing the spread of the coronavirus through:
● Use of no-touch greetings (no handshakes, hugs or peg)
● keeping at least 2 metres (5 feet) distance away from others or respectively anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
● Stay at home if you feel unhealthy with any of the symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing. Immediately call NCDC’s 24/7 toll-free number 0800 970 000 0010. Do not self-medicate
● Avoid or postpone any events with large gatherings of people including schools, workplaces, places of worship, crowded supermarkets and pharmacies, social and sporting events.
Persons with a persistent cough or sneezing, should stay at home until they recover
Make sure you and people around you observe hand and respiratory hygiene by:
● Covering your nose with tissue when sneezing or coughing. Immediately dispose of tissue in a covered bin and wash your hands with soap and water. Use an alcohol-based sanitiser if no water and soap is available
● Coughing or sneezing into the sleeve of your bent elbow if no tissue is available.
Avoid all non-essential travel to all countries
The Federal Ministry of Health reiterates its commitment to ensure the control of the COVID-19 outbreak in Nigeria.
What do you think about Coronavirus: 10 New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria.. Leave your comments at the section below.