Covid-19: Nigeria Confirms 226 New Cases

1
1
Covid-19: Nigeria Confirms 226 New Cases
Covid-19: Nigeria Confirms 226 New Cases

Nigeria has on Tuesday, 19th-May-2020 confirms 226 new covid-19 cases as reported by the Nigeria Center for Disease Control [NCDC].

According to the Nigeria Center for Disease Control [NCDC], the 226 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 is across 15 states including the Federal Capital.

This was made known in a tweet via NCDC official Twitter handle as the nation confirmed 226 new cases of Coronavirus as at 12:00 AM on Wednesday 20th-May-2020.

Totaling the number confirmed and recorded so far in Nigeria rose to 6401 and a total number of 1734 have been discharged and fully recovered, and the total of 192 death has been recorded.

  1. 131-Lagos
  2. 25-Ogun
  3. 15-Plateau
  4. 11-Edo
  5. 7-Kaduna
  6. 6-Oyo
  7. 5-FCT
  8. 5-Adamawa
  9. 4-Jigawa
  10. 4-Ebonyi
  11. 4-Borno
  12. 3-Nasarawa
  13. 2-Bauchi
  14. 2-Gombe
  15. 1-Enugu
  16. 1-Bayelsa.

according to the 9jadopest report Earlier, The Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie said Nigerians should prepare for the worst in the fight against COVID-19.

It is of great importance that we, the members of the Health sector and citizens, endeavor to use this period to dedicate all of our efforts to strive for the best, but also prepare for the worst.

Yesterday, President Buhari authorized extending the gradual easing of restrictions in Lagos, Ogun, and FCT by an extra two weeks. The COVID_19 lockdown in Kano was also extended by two weeks, to address remaining challenges to containing the increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country.

He also assured Citizens that, the Federal Government is doing their best to defeat the virus, which is currently the world’s common enemy. Also, he urged the public and health sector to learn more about the pandemic.

He said

Meanwhile, The Nigeria Police Force has on Tuesday, 19th-May-2020 withdraw the new order on COVID-19 movement restriction of essential workers including Health workers, Firefighter, and Journalist.

The withdrawal of the new order on movement restriction was because some Essential Workers, including Firefighters, Journalists, and Medical workers, were being harassed several times by police officers for moving at the time of the curfew.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here